ENCHILADAS SUIZAS CON POLLO (Green Sauce with chicken)
- 4 green tomatillos (large)
- 1 each chile serrano
- 2 tsp Ahuacatlan Natural
- 1/2 White spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 6 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 2 tbs. chicken stock powder (Knorr style)
- 1/2 cup Ahuacatlan Natural
- 16 each corn tortillas
- 2 each chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 12 slices of Mexican style Manchego cheese (can be substituted for Monster cheese)
- Crema fresca or sour cream to serve
- Red onion rings, thinly sliced to serve
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Ideal for: 4 persons
- In a large pot, boil the tomatillos and the chile serrano.
- In a sauté pan, add the 2 tsp. Ahuacatlan Natural and sauté the onion.
- In a blender, add the onion (already sautéed), tomatillo and chile Serrano (already boiled), cilantro, and add chicken broth. When all these are well incorporated, add the cream cheese to thicken.
- In a separate saucepan, add the sauce and simmer. Season with chicken stock powder (Knorr), salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- In a medium saucepan, heat up 1/2 cup Ahuacatlan Natural and when hot, pass the tortillas through the oil to heat them up and soften them but not to fry them.
- Form tacos with the tortillas, by filling them up with chicken and arrange them in a baking sheet or pyrex. Pour the tomatillo sauce over them and cover with the Manchego cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375° F or until the cheese is fully melted.
- To serve, place 4 enchiladas on each plate, add crema fresca and red onion rings on top.