- 1/2 kg. ricotta cheese
- 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh finely grated parmesan cheese
- 5 eggs
- Black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Ahuacatlán Oil
- 2 cups of ravioli
- Fresh basil
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Ideal for: 4 persons
•Combine the flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt, shape into a mound and leave a hole in the center. Add 2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks and 1 tbsp. of Ahuacatlán Oil.
• Using your hands, gradually draw in the flour from the inside wall of the hole in the center until the mix turns into a ball of smooth and elastic dough. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.
• Dust the counter and dough with a little flour to prevent it from sticking. Divide the dough in half and press them into rectangles with a roller.
• Brush the top surface of the first rectangle with a little water and drop the filling in several piles with enough space between them, place the other 1/2 over the filling like a blanket and gently press with your fingers the filling to make it easier to identify where to cut.
• Use a sharp knife to cut each pillow into squares and crimp the 4 edges with the tins of a fork to make a tight seal.
• In a saucepan with boiling salted water, add the ravioli and cook for 2 minutes.
• Serve with sprinkled freshly grated cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Finish with a few drops of Ahuacatlán Oil.
Get creative and use your favorite ingredients to make different fillings.